How to Apply
Whether you're a performer or donning this look as
part of a costume, learning how to apply mime makeup
isn't difficult. For your first forays into this
dramatic look, take your time and experiment. Above
all, have fun with it!
1. Start with a clean, moisturized face. Men
should make sure and shave before applying any
2. Apply the white makeup of your choice all over
the face. Use a makeup brush around the eyes to get
3. Lightly apply powder to set the makeup.
4. Color in eyebrows with face paint, charcoal
pencil, pencil or liquid eyeliner.
5. Apply black eyeliner around the eyes in the
design of your choice. Many mimes like a single
teardrop as part of the eye makeup. Other popular
details are a cross shape or triangles.
6. Apply mascara if desired.
7. Make up your lips in desired color. You can
make a bow or heart shape.
8. Apply one last dusting of powder after the
marking makeup has dried and set.